Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 13: Global Marketing Communications Decisions I, Chapter 14: Global Marketing Communications Decisions II, and Chapter 15: Global Marketing and the Digital Revolution. This assignment will be incorporated into your Week 6 Final Paper. Watch the BUS622 Week 5 video above with Dr. Avisha Sadeghinejad, Program Chair for MA and BA Marketing Programs.
Part 1: Integrated Marketing Communication Strategies (IMC)
- Examine the integrated marketing communication (IMC) strategies of your mentor company in action.
- Establish a significant global marketing campaign from your mentor company across multiple media (e.g., TV, print advertising, digital ads, social media ads, etc.).
- Identify a campaign execution for at least four different types of media (at least one print and one digital).
- Provide the URL link to the ad.
- For each medium, provide a description of how its unique nature is being used to display the ad.
- Explain what unifies the campaign across different media and makes it count as an IMC.
- Identify another marketing communication activity from your mentor company other than advertising (e.g., PR, sales promotion, sponsorship, product placement, personal selling, direct marketing, etc.).
- Describe in detail and provide a link to a visual component of the activity.
- Compare it to the ad campaign you identified. Are they unified? Discuss one strength and one weakness of this marketing communication activity.
Part 2: Global Brands, Cultures and Advertisement
- Select two advertisements for the same product and from the same medium but targeted for a different country (e.g., a magazine ad for Pepsi in the US and in China, both from same campaign or a digital ad banner for Colgate toothpaste in the UK and in Saudi Arabia). Include a copy of those advertisements in your work and provide a brief explanation of the ads.
- Examine how these advertisements reflect the two cultures.
- Discuss your position in the standardized vs. localized debate.
- Explain what kind of appeal is used for the ads and if you would choose a different appeal for it. Provide your rationale.
Hint: To find ads, search the web, moat.com, or major advertising publications such as Adweek, for articles about your brand’s ad campaign. Searching your company’s YouTube channel, Twitter account, or other social media platforms for recurring ad messages would be helpful too.
The Integrated Marketing Communications assignment
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of assignment
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.