A group met for an update on evidence-based practice (EBP) in order to address the potential changes with several EBP policies. The meeting would evaluate the evidence-based practice (EBP) policies as well as reasoning and rationale as to why changes may be needed. Then:
- Choose an EBP topic and two scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles
- Compare the difference between theory, research, and practice in nursing
- Choose a theory that best correlates with the EBP practice change that you would like to make
- Compare and contrast the quantitative and qualitative research article that you choose for the EBP topic
- What technology did you use to locate the articles? Databases? Search terms?
- What are the philosophical, theoretical, and methodological perspectives in the research articles that were chosen?
- What are the ethical and scientific integrity issues related to the research?
- How did your nursing knowledge advance through the utilization of research?