After reading Chapters 6 and 7 answer the following questions. Upload your answers into Moodle in a word document.
- Explain how the early policies and tactics of the British army played an important role in the rebirth of the IRA?
- Who was Francisco Franco? Explain his campaign against Basque national identity?
- Outline the Basque conflict: include the issue, group, campaign, and the situation.
- Discuss the variety of tactics employed by the LTTE since 1984
- List the parallels between the French experience in Algeria and the initial American response to the insurgency in Iraq.
- Explain how the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya illustrates how counter-terrorism measures often produce more violence and suffering than do the actions of terrorists.
- Outline the Kurdish Conflict – include the issue, group, campaign, and the future.
- Explain “endemic terrorism” to describe the state of terrorist violence in Africa.