Market research analysts serve a critical purpose in the modern workforce. By obtaining and analyzing data on consumers and competitors, market research analysts work to study consistently changing market conditions. In doing this, they examine the potential sales of a service or a product. Market research analysts are used across most industries. Most work full-time and under strict deadlines, so the skill of time management is essential.
The daily duties of a market research analyst may include the following:
• Monitor and forecast sales and marketing trends.
• Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies and programs.
• Collect data about consumers, market conditions and competitors.
• Use statistical software to analyze data.
• Convert complex data into tables, graphs, and reports.
• Prepare reports and present the compiled results to management and clients.
According to the Digital Media Marketing Agency, market research analysts serve a simple product for companies: they analyze data and make it easier for companies to understand.