As you observed in Module Six’s reading, the largest current influencers of recycling programs are government agencies. In addition, this module’s resources suggest that the current supply and demand framework for recyclables make it financially unfeasible for companies to endorse recycling.
- How can companies, governments, and consumers be motivated to reduce, reuse, and recycle?
- What is the motivation for industry to participate? Does a balanced triple bottom line ultimately benefit the company if it is losing money?
- How extensive a role should governmental regulation play in mandating green supply chains?
- Considering your own values regarding recycling, what motivates you to recycle or not recycle?
- Finally, what strategy would you like to see implemented regarding green supply chains?