Compare and contrast various visualization tools.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the facility manager for EnVision, a high-tech vehicle maker located in Atlanta. This new company designs, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and charging units. EnVision’s unique designs, technical prowess, and limited competition has placed them in the enviable position of having a high demand for their line of products. This demand has generated over a billion dollars in pre-sale orders, and a new manufacturing facility is required to meet customer’s needs. The firm’s CEO, Mark Hammel, has asked you to assist him in selecting a new site that will accommodate a new state-of-the-art facility.
As a responsible facility manager, you know that this site selection process is going to require presentations of data and other information, and that there will be tools necessary to do this. The CEO, Mark Hammel has asked you to conduct a study identifying the best visualization tools that fit the firm’s current and future presentation needs. The tools you recommend need to have a short learning curve, adequate features and be able to be acquired at a reasonable cost. Your initial investigation has narrowed your selection down to ten data visualization tools:
- Zoho Reports
- Microsoft Power BI
- Tableau Desktop
- Google Analytics
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- IBM Watson Analytics
- Salesforce Einstein Analytics Platform
Create a matrix to be submitted to the CEO, Mark Hammel in understanding the different visualization tools available. Include the following:
- List pertinent product features
- Rate the ease of learning and use of the tool
- Show cost information, including any subscription and maintenance fees and any required hardware and software needs
- Rank the products in order of your recommended implementation. Include your rationale for your recommendation of the product, or your justification for not recommending a product.
- For assistance in using Microsoft Excel, please visit the Rasmussen College Excel Guide.