• This assignment must be in APA format.
• The assignment should be in paragraph form using complete sentences and avoiding bullet points and numbered list.
• Use a Level 1 heading to separate your sections (Page 47 of the APA Publication Manual).
• Title and reference pages do not count toward the total word or page count.
• Textbook and outside sources need to be referenced and cited in the paper.
Essays: (at least 300 words per prompt)
1. George, while working in the bar, ran a rusty nail through the bottom of his foot. What infectious disease should he be concerned about? Why is this disease usually associated with injuries from rusty nails? What are the signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment for this disease?
2. A 16 year old was admitted in meningitis. What are the signs and symptoms of meningitis? What diagnostic test is use to diagnosis the cause of meningitis and how many types of meningitis are there? What is the recommended treatment for each type? What is the new recommendation for meningitis vaccinations (how many total and what age)?
3. As we age, most of us will experience changes in our hearing and vision. Discuss the signs and symptoms, diagnostic test, and treatment options for the following: Presbycusis and Macular degeneration.
4. Can mental illnesses be prevented, cured, or are people born with the illness, explain? What are some of the early warning signs of mental illness? Do you feel there is a social stigma around some or all mental illnesses, explain.