Part 3 – (Caring Paper Submission) – of this assignment is due in week 7 (prior to beginning of class start time), for this part you will upload your completed caring paper into Turnitin, the grading for this section is based on a final submission, including content, writing style, grammar, spelling, and use of APA. This is not an email assignment, if a student submits this part of the assignment via email they will receive a zero for this will not be graded if handed in hard-copy to your professor on or before the due date. Preparation:
1. Watch the video library tutorial on CINAHL, which can be found at:
2. Review the library links to APA which can be found at
3. Review Haig & MacMillan (2018) Cites and sources: An APA documentation guide (5th ed) using the worksheet provided in the course pack.
4. Reflect on your own beliefs about caring and caring for others.
5. Read Chapter 4 – “Caring for Patients” (Cooper, 2001) AND read Chapter 22 – “Caring and Communicating” (Kozier et al., 2018, pp. 382-407).
6. Conduct a database search of CINAHL and MultiSearch to locate and obtain at least two articles for your caring paper and part 1 of this assignment. Your submission should:
a. be approximately two to three pages in length using APA guidelines. This page limit does not include the title page or reference page and/or appendices,
b. include at least two textbooks (e.g. Cooper & Kozier et al.) AND two scholarly articles (e.g. from CINAHL and/or MultiSearch (from Part 1) must be used to support the discussion,
c. see rubric p. 9 to assist you with writing your essay,
d. Students are expected to demonstrate correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure and create a title page using APA format (see Cites & Sources, 2018, pp. 14-15),
e. Bulleted points are not permitted,
f. This is not an email assignment, if a student submits this part of the assignment via email they will receive a zero for this portion of the assignment and it will not be marked,
g. And, the assignment will not be graded if handed in hard-copy to your professor on or before the due date. How to Access CINAHL: The database can be accessed from the Georgian College Library main page. Under the area of “Start your Research” click on ‘Select Research Guide’ and locate the Practical Nursing link or click on the quick link – ‘Databases A-Z’ located in the box on the right hand side of the webpage and then select CINAHL Plus with full Text from the alphabetical listing of databases. Under ‘Tutorials’ you can find the videos and extra information that you will require for this assignment or click on the links above. Resources and Assistance Karen Halliday (Faculty Librarian) can be contacted for assistance at extension 1753. Other resources on the Barrie* campus include the Library’s Research Desk located in the library. *Please ask your instructor for information regarding supports available on campuses other than Barrie. Additional resources include video library tutorials at: These resources describe: Identifying Resources and Search Tools; The Library Catalogue; using Keywords and Search Statements; and Database Searching and Results.