Final Project (Covers CO5).: Your final project is a written paper between 6-8 pages in length (not including title and reference pages). Your paper should follow the general format of APA Guidelines. You can submit more than 8 pages; however, I will not read past 8 pages of content so be sure that all required information is included with the page length parameters.
For your final assignment, select an ethical dilemma that impacts healthcare professionals. You can choose a dilemma that we have discussed in this course, or, one that interests you. If you are having difficulty selecting a topic, please reach out to me. You will then develop practical solutions and utilize an ethical decision-making framework to address the ethical dilemma you chose. Use the following prompts as a guide:
- Description/historical overview of the ethical dilemma
- Description of the healthcare issue that requires tough decisions
- Overview of how the dilemma may challenge the ethics of healthcare professionals
- Explanation of both legal/policy and personal decision issues
- Include questions that come up and help examine the issue from different perspectives (patient, family, health care professional, community, attorney, policymaker, etc.
- Develop 1-2 practical solution(s) to address the ethical dilemma
- Identify and explain the concepts for a framework for ethical decision-making that a healthcare professional could use to address the dilemma
Please proofread and review the Final Paper/Project Grading Rubric prior to submission.
Please ensure you cite your references in APA format. Make sure the references you use contain the most CURRENT information. Typically, your references should not be older than 7-10 years unless the information is considered seminal. Assignments submitted late without advance notice will receive a 5% per day late penalty and will not be accepted for grading five (5) days past the due date.