1. Rationale for giving Mary a tetanus booster (Total: 5 marks)
1.1 What is the organism that causes tetanus and why is it of concern in this situation?
1.2 According to the guidelines in the “The Australian Immunisation Handbook” (Dept. of health, 2017) on administering a tetanus booster, discuss the rationale for giving Mary the tetanus booster
2. Physiological basis of the three wound observations (Total: 10 marks)
2.1 For each of the three wound observations indicate, and provide a rationale, as to whether it is a sign or a symptom.
2.2 Discuss the physiological basis of the first observation.
Discuss the physiological basis of the second observation
2.3 Discuss the physiological basis of the third observation.
3. Development and benefits of fever (Total: 5 marks).
3.1 How did Mary’s fever develop?
3.2 Discuss two ways in which fever is beneficial.
4. Possible sources of contamination and modes of transmission (Total: 10 marks)
4.1 Name one endogenous source of contamination and discuss the mode of transmission from the source to the new host.
4.2 Name one exogenous source of contamination and discuss the mode of transmission from the source to the new host.
5. Appropriateness of Augmentin as the antibacterial agent prescribed to Mary (Total: 5 marks)
5.1 Given the colonizing organism was Staphylococcus aureus, discuss why Augmentin is an appropriate prescription?
5.2 Describe the added benefits that Augmentin provides, with reference to the role of the major ingredients in Augmentin.
6. Presentation (Total: 5 marks)
6.1 Referencing in-text and in reference list conforms to APA 6th Ed. referencing style.
6.2 Critique supported by relevant literature as prescribed.
6.3 Correct sentence structure, paragraph, grammatical construction, spelling, punctuation and presentation.