News Reaction Journal
For this journal, select an online article published within the past two years about a cybersecurity problem with a focus on legal and ethical issues. (Access the MSCJ Professional Sources guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with finding appropriate resources.)
For this assessment, you will write a 500-word minimum “news reaction journal,” to the article. The written reaction should include your insights on the issue, incorporating both your personal views and the content you have learned in your studies thus far. In addition to a full-APA citation, in your written reaction journal, please provide substantive responses to the following elements as they pertain to legal and ethical issues in cybersecurity.
- Explain either a new idea you discovered from the article, or an idea from prior learning that is reinforced by it.
- Summarize how this article changed or reinforced your understanding of the basic legal rights of individuals or businesses who are affected by cyber crime.
- Breakdown the arguments either for or against at least one of the legal or ethical issues posed in the article.
Johnson, T. (2015). Sorry I lost your files: Cybersecurity threats to confidentiality (Links to an external site.). Utah Bar Journal, 28(4), 41-44.
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the Academic OneFile database in the UAGC Library. This article provides an introductory overview of cybersecurity threats to confidentiality.
Napolitano, J. (2013). Is the U.S. government adequately addressing threats to the nation’s cybersecurity? (Links to an external site.) International Debates, 11(4), 26-46.
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the MasterFILE Premier database in the UAGC Library. This article explores how the United States government is addressing threats to the nation’s cybersecurity.
RSA Research. (2019). 2019 current state of cybercrime (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.rsa.com/content/dam/en/white-paper/2019-current-state-of-cybercrime.pdf
- This report explores the most current cybercrime threats.
Accessibility Statement does not exist
Simshaw, D. & Wu, S. (2015, March). Ethics and cybersecurity: Obligations to protect client data (Links to an external site.). American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law. Retrieved from http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/events/labor_law/2015/march/tech/wu_cybersecurity.authcheckdam.pdf
MSCJ Professional Sources (Links to an external site.). (http://ashford-mscj.weebly.com/)
- This resource site will provide assistance in researching additional sources for the assessments within this course.
Reynolds, G. (n.d.). Top ten slide tips (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/
- This online resource provides helpful information on creating an engaging and interesting PowerPoint presentation.
University of Arizona Global Campus. (n.d.). Jing quick-start guide (Links to an external site.) [PDF]. [email protected] https://student.uagc.edu
- This guide will aid you in the use of Jing.
University of Arizona Global Campus. (n.d.). Screencast-O-Matic quick-start guide (Links to an external site.) [PDF]. [email protected] https://student.uagc.edu
- This guide will aid you in the use of Screencast-O-Matic.