Origins of Crime: Biological, Developmental, or Situational?
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning the assignment, review Chapters 4 and 5 in your textbook, where risk factors for criminal behavior are covered from a biological, developmental, and situational perspective. Keeping your own “client” in mind (that you chose for your final paper), please read the chapters and in this assignment please cover the following:
- Assess the role (briefly) that all three (biological, developmental, and situational) perspectives play in influencing criminal behavior.
- Choose one of the three perspectives (biological, developmental, or situational).
- Evaluate the relationship between your chosen perspective and criminal behavior.
- Illustrate a link between your client’s crimes and your chosen perspective based on the client you chose for your Comprehensive Case Study Report Final Paper.
Be sure to use examples from the textbook and your client’s case to support your assertions.
The Origins of Crime: Biological, Developmental, or Situational? paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper,
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible source in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.