Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 3, 4, and 5 from the course textbook, specifically focusing on Chapter 5, and pay close attention to Table 5.1.
Process management activities include the following:
- Ensuring that the inputs to the process, such as materials, technology, work methods, and a trained workforce, are adequate, and that the process can achieve its requirements.
- Maintaining consistency in output by assessing performance and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Continually seeking to achieve higher levels of performance in the process, such as reduced variation, higher yields, fewer defects and errors, smaller cycle times, and so on.
For this assignment, you will select a service or product in your organization or an organization of your choice, and write a paper discussing the process management activities that are involved.
In your paper,
- Evaluate the effectiveness of process management in your organization.
- Suggest potential improvements to improve process management within your organization.
- Describe the specific steps in the process and their sequence.
- Provide a map of the process and the sequenced steps, along with standard operating procedures and work instructions.
The Recommendations for Improvement paper
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.