Risk Identification and Assessment
Is there a difference in how risks are identified and assessed in projects versus programs or portfolios?
- Describe the differences and how they might influence the competitive position of the organization.
- Discuss objectively the reason or reasons for these differences and how the differences may contribute to the enhancement or development of new capabilities for the organization.
In Project Portfolio Management Strategies for Effective Organizational Operations:
- Read Chapter 4, “Are You Pondering What I Am Pondering? Eccentric Consideration on Strategic Management,” pages 81–118.
- Read Padovani, M., & Carvalho, M. M. (2016). Integrated PPM process: Scale development and validation. International Journal of Project Management, 34(4), 627–642.
- Read Close-Up Media, Inc. (2018, February 22). Research and markets offers report; Global cloud-based project portfolio management market 2018–2022. Entertainment Close-Up.
- In Project Management Institute. (2013). The standard for program management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
- Read Chapter 8, section 8.7, “Program Risk Management,” pages 95–100.
- In Project Management Institute. (2013). The standard for portfolio management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
- Read Chapter 8, “Portfolio Risk Management,” pages 119–135.
Use the Internet to complete the following:
Read Noor, I., Martin, R., & Bowman, D. (2005). Implementation of successful risk-based portfolio management. AACE International Transactions, R21–R26.