SOCW 6530 wk 10 Assignment 2: Application: Process Recordings
A process recording is a written tool field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty use to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to this week.
- Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client.
- Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice or theories.
- Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
- Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording.
- Please use the scenario provided and add to it below
I have provided the process recording templet and the intro to Mrs. O this is our second visit and she has been to see her doctor for the assessment needed to apply for DSHS but he was supposed to fax it to DSHS and did not so I sat with her and called his office. We were told he was an vacation but I said his nurse can fax it . They said we needed to talk to medical records but then medical records sent us to the doctor covering for her primary doctor.