The Two Primary Types of Mixed Methods Designs
In Chapter 10 of the text, the author discusses the two primary types of mixed methods designs (pp. 219- 223). After reading the text, paying particular attention to Figure 10.1 on page 220 and Figure 10.2 on page 221, examine this methodology as it pertains to research in criminal justice. Consider the key components, as well as major strengths and weaknesses, of the two primary types of mixed methods design. In your paper
- Identify the major components of mixed methods research design.
- Analyze the major strengths and weaknesses of mixed methods research design.
- Examine the use of such data by criminal justice agencies.
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Creswell, J. W. (2014). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu
- Chapter 10: Mixed Methods Procedures
SAGE. (2013, March 1). Developing mixed methods research with Dr. John W. Creswell (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/PSVsD9fAx38
- This video by Dr. Creswell uses mixed methods research to survey participants testing a new video game. It may assist you in both your discussion and your assignment this week.
SAGE. (2013, March 1). Telling a complete story with qualitative and mixed methods research – Dr. John W. Creswell (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/l5e7kVzMIfs
- This video by Dr. Creswell shows how mixed methods research provides a more complete picture in telling a story. It may assist you in both your discussion and your assignment this week.