Topic Does racial bias play a role in inadequate Healthcare for African Americans
Annotated Bibliography Instruction
You are required to submit an Annotated Bibliography with at least two sources this week. Remember, a minimum of three sources are required for the paper, so you will continue to add to your research list.
Before submitting this assignment, be sure you have reviewed the Annotated Bibliography Instruction page.
How to Begin:
- First, using your course resources on finding sources, locate at least two scholarly sources that represent positions on your topic. This source selection should be guided by a research question.
- Next, read and annotate (take notes, highlight, underline, pose questions, respond) to your sources. Your goal is to ensure you understand the source’s main points.
- Then, reference the book, article, or document using APA style citation and begin writing your annotations.
How to Annotate:
Write two paragraphs of annotations for EACH SOURCE. The information included in each paragraph should be as follows:
Paragraph 1: Completely and respectfully summarize the source. What argument is being made? What evidence is given in support of the argument? Be detailed and specific. What strategies does the author use to make her/his argument?
Paragraph 2: Is the author credible? How or why? (Think about why the source deserves to have a voice in your paper or how it complements your research.)
How It Should Look:
Be sure to consult the example provided. A few key points:
- Bibliography must be in alphabetical order by the first item in the reference citation (usually the author’s last name)
- Bibliographies must have hanging indent on the second and each additional line of each source:
- Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select Hanging. You can adjust the depth of the indent using the By field.
- Select OK.
- Bibliographies must be double-spaced.