Write a 750-1,000 word strategic human resource management plan for Walmart. The purpose of this assignment is to simulate the thought process managers use to connect unit goals with organizational strategy. The students are not expected to produce a detailed strategic plan (which in actual organizations can exceed 100 pages). Rather, the expectation is that students demonstrate consideration of the multiple complexities involved in strategic planning.
The assignment is centered on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) model of analysis, and the specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) model of goal setting.
Access the student Library, relevant course materials, and Internet resources to research SWOT analysis and SMART goals.
Select an organization (Walmart) to research that has a description of the organization and necessary information available to conduct a SWOT analysis and develop SMART goals.
The Strategic HRM Plan should be in the form of a professional report. There is no single, correct manner of presentation. Critical and creative thinking is expected. The formatting is secondary to the content and application of knowledge. However, the proposal should be organized in a readily comprehensible manner that conveys a thorough understanding of course objectives. Graphics, bulleted lists, and charts are acceptable. Include the following:
· Introduction that outlines how the human resource goals support the organizational goals
· Summary of the organizational description
· A SWOT analysis
· Three human resource goals that fulfill the SMART criteria
· Alignment of human resources goals and strategic plans
· Proposal for a job design initiative or an organizational hiring goal to meet the human resource goals and organizational goals.
· A conclusion that summarizes the highlights of the plan is presented
Incorporate 3-5 resources to support your Strategic HRM Plan.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, An abstract is not required.